[comp.sys.apple] Appleworks patch request

DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET (12/08/87)

Somebody sent out a patch to eliminate the need to press return while
AW is starting up.  If anybody could resend that I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advanc,

Bill

DICKSON @ HARTFORD.BITNET

NEY6@HBUNOS.BITNET (12/12/87)

>Somebody sent out a patch to eliminate the need to press return while
>AW is starting up.  If anybody could resend that I'd be grateful.

To have appleWorks loaded without waiting for 'return' and 'space'(from a 3.5"
disk):
Type from Basic:
1.  BLOAD /APPLEWORKS/APLWORKS.SYSTEM,TSYS,A$2000
2.  POKE 14468,44
3.  POKE 14148,208
4.  POKE 14149,19
5.  BSAVE /APPLEWORKS/APLWORKS.SYSTEM,TSYS,A$2000
Note:The pathnames should match the pathnames on your disk.

dr@ski.UUCP (David Robins) (12/13/87)

In article <> NEY6@HBUNOS.BITNET writes:
>>Somebody sent out a patch to eliminate the need to press return while
>>AW is starting up.  If anybody could resend that I'd be grateful.
>
>To have appleWorks loaded without waiting for 'return' and 'space'(from a 3.5"
>disk):
>Type from Basic:
>1.  BLOAD /APPLEWORKS/APLWORKS.SYSTEM,TSYS,A$2000
>2.  POKE 14468,44
>3.  POKE 14148,208
>4.  POKE 14149,19
>5.  BSAVE /APPLEWORKS/APLWORKS.SYSTEM,TSYS,A$2000
>Note:The pathnames should match the pathnames on your disk.

Note that these are locations for V2.0 only.

Per Open-Apple Nov 1986, p. 2.75, for other versions:

1.1	13139     1.2	13135     1.3	13193
	13522           13518           13855
	13523           13519           13856

Poke the same values as in the above posting.
NOTE: The first poke removes the need to press space bar after
inserting progam disk, assuming the files are all on the same 3.5"
disk.
	The second and third poke remove the need to press return
after entering the date; this either used the old date, or a
clock card date automatically.

David Robins, M.D.
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Foundation
(previously known as: Smith-Kettlewell Institute of Visual Sciences)
2232 Webster St; San Francisco CA 94115
415/561-1705 (voice)
			{ihnp4,qantel,dual}!ptsfa!ski!dr

The opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of the Institute!