[comp.sys.apple] Logo/TV interference

tak@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Tak Ariga) (12/14/87)

> From: schlichting%v70nl.DECnet@NUSC.ARPA ("V70NL::SCHLICHTING")
> Date: 9 Nov 87 20:29:00 GMT
>
>      I'd like to buy LOGO for my IIe; could someone compare the different
> implementations?

My little sister, in grade 10, found Apple Logo quite satisfactory for her
homework assignments.  Her school was using Icon computers, and their
implementation of Logo.  She found subtle differences, but nothing major.

>      My IIe is on a different circuit than my TV but the interference is
> overwhelming. It happens continually, not just during disk acccess. Aluminum
> foil on the cables didn't help, nor did a surge suppressor/noise eliminator.
> It's worse on some channels and it doesn't bother UHF at all. Any help would
> be appreciated.

Have you tried moving the Apple further away from the TV?  Obviously the noise
is coming from the body itself and propagated through air, not through the
house wiring.  One solution might be to apply aluminum foil to the entire
computer, but that is not practical.  Also, I found that my Monitor III causes
some noise on the AM radio.  You might check that for offending noise as well.

I hope this helps.

--Tak

Internet:  tak@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu    (@relay.cs.net) <- if necessary
BITNET:    tak@UTORGPU
Phone:     (416) 978-8883 {office}

++ University of Toronto == Toronto, Canada ++