[comp.sys.apple] Apple //gs printer drivers

tsang@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Tsang) (12/14/87)

Does anyone have generic printer drivers that can be put in
"XXX/system/drivers/", suitable for use with an Epson FX-series
printer?  I can't believe that all Apple supports is its Imagewriter
(II) and Laserwriter.  Well, actually, I can...

Along a similar vein, does anyone know why the Pro-Grappler's CDA
kills mouse support in the main program when you activate it via
the oa-shift-esc interrupt?  I've seen it happen in both Deluxepaint II
and Multiscribe //gs 1.0... but not in the Beagle Brothers Timeout
for Appleworks...

Thanks,

  Donald Tsang
  tsang@cory.Berkeley.EDU   ...!ucbvax!cory!tsang

arenberg@trwrb.UUCP (Jeff Arenberg) (12/15/87)

In article <22159@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> tsang@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Tsang) writes:
>Does anyone have generic printer drivers that can be put in
>"XXX/system/drivers/", suitable for use with an Epson FX-series
>printer?  I can't believe that all Apple supports is its Imagewriter
>(II) and Laserwriter.  Well, actually, I can...
>
>  Donald Tsang

Check out the C/Mac/GS printer interface from Orange Micro.  It will let
your FX printer (and a whole host of others) emulate an Imagewriter.

Jeff Arenberg
UUCP : ( ucbvax, ihnp4, uscvax ) !trwrb!trwcsed!arenberg
ARPA : jarenberg@ecla.usc.edu
GEnie: shifty