[comp.sys.apple] 6502 Assemblers

so0u+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Sean R. Owens") (12/16/87)

   I  keep hearing about these shareware programs, and I was wondering what
they were written in.  I would presume 6502 Assembly but I'd like to know if
there is some ther practical compiler/assembler out there.  Also, if the
writers of TIC, Davex, and Z-link, etc, DO use 6502 assembly, what assemblers
do they use?  Lastly, does anyone out there know of decent (or indecent) PD
or Shareware  6502 Assemblers?
Sean Owens

whitney@think.COM (David Whitney) (12/17/87)

In article <wVlbFty00UhyYEk0-4@andrew.cmu.edu> so0u+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU ("Sean R. Owens") writes:

>   I  keep hearing about these shareware programs, and I was wondering what
>they were written in.  I would presume 6502 Assembly but I'd like to know if
>there is some ther practical compiler/assembler out there.  Also, if the
>writers of TIC, Davex, and Z-link, etc, DO use 6502 assembly, what assemblers
>do they use?  Lastly, does anyone out there know of decent (or indecent) PD
>or Shareware  6502 Assemblers?
>Sean Owens

Z-Link is written in assembly language on a beta version of APW a friend of
mine loaned to me. Z-Link is about 3700 lines long and assembles to just over
10k.

As for PD assemblers, I don't know of any offhand, but I seem to remember a
simple one written in BASIC that was published by NIBBLE Magazine a while back.
Maybe someone else out there knows when?

I'll be buying my copy of APW 1.0 real soon now. Does anyone know if APW C is
out of beta test yet?

David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney@think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: You didn't actually believe all that, did you?