[comp.sys.apple] add'l PC Transporter info

BHUBER@ECLA.USC.EDU (12/22/87)

I mentioned I had ordered the PC Transporter documentation from Applied
Engineering.  It arrived by UPS last Friday.  Some comments based on what I
read:  (1) PC Transporter does NOT include the operating system software; you
must buy MS-DOS from your local dealer, (2) BASICA is not compatible with
PC Transporter, although GWBASIC is, (3) the documention is one spiro bound
package with 163 pages including several (moderate quality) pictures for
helping in installation process, (4) there is essentially zero discussion
about MS-DOS, which is logical once I thought about it, (5) an unanswered
question about how the Imagewriter II is supported was answered -- there is
software to allow IW-II to emulate an IBM Graphics Printer.

Cheers,
Bud

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (12/22/87)

I've just ordered a PC Transporter for an Apple IIe. Do you know if
QuickBasic is supported, or IBM DOS3.3?

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca |
  |  ARPA: halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu                                     |
  |  BITNET: HALP@CRNLTHRY      D57J@CORNELLA      D57J@CRNLVAX5           |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601   |

tgm@xroads.UUCP (Sloan Tash) (12/25/87)

In article <[ECLA.USC.EDU]21-Dec-87.09:54:19.BHUBER>, BHUBER@ECLA.USC.EDU writes:
> about MS-DOS, which is logical once I thought about it, (5) an unanswered
> question about how the Imagewriter II is supported was answered -- there is
> software to allow IW-II to emulate an IBM Graphics Printer.

Using a friends IBM Clone, I came across a program that would let you select a
printer for Universal usew on the machine, and the ImageWriter II was
supported, as well as all of Apple's other printers! I'll see if I can find
what it was..

TGM
ihnp4!mot!nud!xroads!tgm
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 \/   (602) 971-2240

GZT.EWW@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU (Wes Williams) (12/27/87)

>re Drivers for the imagewriter for IBM (pc Transporter)

There are printer drivers available for most Apple Printers on IBM
that are commonly available on most quality IBM software. If you are
using a specific product that has no such driver, glom one from another
pgm.
-------