[comp.sys.apple] Unsubscribing from INFO-APP

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (11/05/87)

>Date:         Tue, 27 Oct 87 14:38 EST
>Sender:       INFO-APP Info-Apple List <INFO-APP@NDSUVM1>
>From:         CS120002@YUSOL

Sorry, but that isn't going to do it.  Since you are on bitnet,
you are getting INFO-APP from a robot at LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 and it
doesn't read the messages.

To be deleted from this list:

from a CMS (IBM) system: TELL LISTSERV AT NDSUVM1 SIGNOFF INFO-APP
from a TSO (IBM) system: TRANSMIT LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 SIGNOFF INFO-APP
from a VAX:  SEND LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 SIGNOFF INFO-APP

(I'm not positive about the TSO and VAX syntax because I use only
CMS, so if you can't get the correct syntax, the alternative is
to send a one line message (which must be in the body, not the subject
line) to:

LISTSERV@NDSUVM1

with the message:

SIGNOFF INFO-APP

(Note for possible future reference, you can SIGNOFF - UNSUBSCRIBE
also works - from APPLE2-L the same way except the address is
LISTSERV@BROWNVM)

---------------------
ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (12/31/87)

>Date:         Wed, 30 Dec 87 09:41:06 EDT
>Sender:       INFO-APP Info-Apple List <INFO-APP@NDSUVM1>
>From:         FAC1466%UOFT01.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
>Subject:      REMOVE NAME FROM LIST
>Comments: To: INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA
>To:           Murphy Sewall <SEWALL@UCONNVM>
>
>Please remove my name from the list.
>Thanks to everyone for all the info over the
>last few years.

It won't work that way.  You receive a redistribution from NDSUVM1,
NOT FROM ARPA.  Even if Brint happens to read the list and notices
your request, he can't do anything about it.

I don't know if Marty Hoag (at NDSUVM1) is a Apple owner in addition
to being the "postmaster" at NDSUVM1.  I don't believe he's a regular
reader of the list.

Try:

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Murphy A. Sewall