[comp.sys.apple] Crashing DAs

>Date:         Sun, 10 Jan 88 14:54:22 GMT
>From:         Dan McGuirk <hao!noao!mcdsun!nud!xroads!cc@husc6.harvard.EDU>

>I have been having a lot of problems with the finder on the System Disk 3.1
>lately.  I just downloaded a lot of desk accessories from CompuServe
>yesterday, and I wanted to install them.  So I copied them over to the System
>Disk, into the DeskAccs folder, booted it up, and it crashed into the
>monitor.   I tried putting the Desk Accessories on other disks, and they
>wouldn't boot either.

Sounds like there is a bug in one or more of the DAs you are trying to use.
Solution:  install them one at a time, or a few at a time, so you can figure
out which one is causing the problem.  If you downloaded them recently, the
only one I know of which might cause a problem is CPU.DA (Control Panel
Utility).  I'm not sure if the author ever uploaed a fixed version of that.

I use numerous CDAs and NDAs with and without the Finder.  Let me know what
you figure out.  If there are other crashing DAs out there, I want to know
about them!

--David A. Lyons  a.k.a.  DAL Systems
  PO Box 287 | North Liberty, IA 52317
  BITNET: AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS