[comp.sys.apple] Printing with the IIGS

rupp@cod.NOSC.MIL (William L. Rupp) (01/15/88)

I have a IIGS (really an upgraded IIe) and a CItoh 310 dotg matrix
printer connected to a parallel interface in slot 1.  I have chosen "my
card" (or is it "your card"?; oh, well) on the control panel.  I cannot
get anything to print on the CItoh.  I especially wanted to print a
IIGS-BASIC listing.

A friend told me the other night that only the Imagewriter works with
the IIGS.  Is that correct?  Is there any way I can print to the CItoh?
I have an Imagewriter I, and will use that if necessary (and if I can
get the correct cable adaptor), but I would very much like to print to
the CItoh.

Any ideas out there?  Thanks in advance.

Bill
rupp@nosc.mil

In article <945@cod.NOSC.MIL> rupp@cod.NOSC.MIL (William L. Rupp) writes:
>I have a IIGS (really an upgraded IIe) and a CItoh 310 dotg matrix
>printer connected to a parallel interface in slot 1.  I have chosen "your
>card" on the control panel.  I cannot get anything to print on the CItoh.

This really should work.

>A friend told me the other night that only the Imagewriter works with
>the IIGS.

No, more precisely most commercial software specifically for IIGS only
supports the ImageWriter II at present.  If it's just outputting ASCII
text to the serial port (as opposed to bitmaps), almost any serial
printer should work (you may need to disable DTR flow control and
perhaps enable XON/XOFF flow control).