[comp.sys.apple] A Finder Question

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (01/18/88)

(Gotta bug my dealer about getting a manual one of these days.)  Once a
volume or folder has been opened, or an icon moved out of a window on to
the desktop proper, is there anyway of finding out what the complete
pathname of something is?  The "Info" function only tells you the volume
something is in, not its complete path.  I just know the time is going
to come that I have gone enough directories deep that I'll have
something opened up and thoroughly forgotten how I got there.  That's
especially true for applications and utilities that are buried a couple
of directories down but which I leave out on the desktop so they can be
quickly found when i need them.

TMPLee@Dockmaster.Arpa

shankar@srcsip.UUCP (Subash Shankar) (01/21/88)

In article <880117183901.777837@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>volume or folder has been opened, or an icon moved out of a window on to
>the desktop proper, is there anyway of finding out what the complete
>pathname of something is?  The "Info" function only tells you the volume
>something is in, not its complete path.  I just know the time is going

If the intention of finding the pathname is simply to know which window to
drag the icon back to (to undelete it), you can also use the put back (or
something to that effect - I don't have my GS right now) command under
the files menu.

--

Subash Shankar
Honeywell Systems & Research Center