[comp.sys.apple] Super High-Res Pictures

crash@pro-colony.UUCP (John Stephen III) (01/29/88)

Mr. Donald J Aehl,

   Are you certain that the Super High-Res (SHR) screen is linearized when you
save the picture?  According to the steps you listed in your message:

> (while in the monitor)
> C029: C1 <return>
> 00/1000<E1/2000.E1/9FFFM <return>    (monitor move command)
> CREATE PICTURE,A$1000,E$8FFF,T$C1 <return>
> BSAVE PICTURE,A$1000,E$8FFF,T$C1 <return>

the buffer IS linear, but the SHR screen would also be turned on (making it
hard to know what you're typing).  Have you tried saving it with the SHR
screen off, but still leaving the buffer linear-ized?  To do that you'd type:

C029:41 <return>  (*** NOTE: Typing 'C029:01' would also turn off the SHR
                              screen, but the buffer would NOT be linear)
0/1000<E1/2000.E1/9FFFM <return>
CREATE PICTURE,A$1000,T$C1 <return>
BSAVE PICTURE,A$1000,L$8000,T$C1 <return>

Then, to manually load the picture you'd type:

C029:41 <return>
BLOAD PICTURE,A$1000,T$C1 <return>
E1/2000<0/1000.0/8FFFM <return>
C029:C1 <return>

(You may want to try loading one of your earlier attempts using this method
just to see if you get the same results as you have gotten with PaintWorks).

Try this and see if it helps.  This is the method I use to view PaintWorks and
Deluxe Paint files (since I don't have either one of them) and it has always
worked for me.  Good luck.

                      John Stephen III

scott@geowhiz.UUCP (Scott Kempf) (02/02/88)

In article <8801290756.AA07025@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-lumen!pro-colony!crash@nosc.MIL writes:

>the buffer IS linear, but the SHR screen would also be turned on (making it
>hard to know what you're typing).  Have you tried saving it with the SHR
>screen off, but still leaving the buffer linear-ized?  To do that you'd type:
>
>C029:41 <return>  (*** NOTE: Typing 'C029:01' would also turn off the SHR
>                              screen, but the buffer would NOT be linear)

A question on this line.  This linearization, how is it do in my //gs?
Is this some bazar form of shadowing?  Is it better to return the memory
to normal if you want to use the memory as for normal (non-displaying)
purposes?  My book are pretty sketchy about this.  Anyone know more?

					Scott
Scott Kempf                          Blue itself teaches us blue.  -Bill Ranson
MAIL:   1302 Rutledge St., Madison, WI  53703    PHONE:  (608) 255-6205  (home)
UUCP:   {seismo, topaz, harvard, ihnp4}!uwvax!geowhiz!scott
ARPA:   geowhiz!scott@spool.wisc.edu             PHONE:  (608) 262-6154  (work)
BITNET: scott%geowhiz.uucp%spool.wisc.edu@wiscvm.bitnet