[comp.sys.apple] Visicalc and mousetext

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (02/09/88)

 Tim Thomas <pyramid!fmsrl7!nucleus!tjt@hplabs.hp.COM> writes:
>A friend of mine recently installed some new ROMS in his Apple IIe
>to support a mouse.  However, when he tries to run VisiCalc all
>inverse fields become garbage and unreadable.
>
>Does anybody know of this problem?  And, if so, are there any patches
>to fix the problem?

Ah the famous "mousetext" on old software problem.  I don't believe
I've seen a patch for Visicalc, but perchance someone else knows of one.

My recommended solution is to order SPREADSHEET 2.0 from A.P.P.L.E.-CooP.
It's Visicalc compatible, doesn't display mousetext, and has a number
of features (variable column widths, protected cells, etc.) that the
original Visicalc didn't have.  I haven't a catalog handy, but the price
for SPREADSHEET 2.0 is quite modest (around $60?????).

Disclaimer: My employer often is appalled by my opinions, and
            my facts may be only vaguely right <slippery when wet>.

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut