[comp.sys.apple] PRINTER HELP

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (01/29/88)

Thanks to all of those who sent help on my printer problems. I've finally got
it through my head that sending data to the printer at 19,200 has no real
advantage over 9600 since the printer (even my LQ) can't keep up with either.
Printers are a very new subject to me. My other printer was a Star SG10 with
the GRAPPLER C interface. This was a very adequate setup and a bargain that I
would recommend to anyone. However, it resulted in about three different books
of settings so I just set it at imagewriter emulation and pretended it didn't
exist. Now I have the opposite problem since the only literature that actually
showed up with this printer was a small square of paper that said "DO NOT USE
THIS PRINTER UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE OWNERS MANUAL". APPLE promised that the
manual would be here by no later than last monday. Maybe they UPS'ed it from
Tokyo.
Thanks again,
Bob Church   CS656@OUACCVMB

scott@geowhiz.UUCP (Scott Kempf) (02/09/88)

In article <8801290058.aa06973@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET writes:
>19,200 has no real
>advantage over 9600 since the printer (even my LQ) can't keep up with either.

If you are downloading charcters or printing graphics,
you may want to use 19,200.

>Thanks again,
>Bob Church   CS656@OUACCVMB

					Scott
Scott Kempf                          Blue itself teaches us blue.  -Bill Ranson
MAIL:   1302 Rutledge St., Madison, WI  53703    PHONE:  (608) 255-6205  (home)
UUCP:   {seismo, topaz, harvard, ihnp4}!uwvax!geowhiz!scott
ARPA:   geowhiz!scott@spool.wisc.edu             PHONE:  (608) 262-6154  (work)
BITNET: scott%geowhiz.uucp%spool.wisc.edu@wiscvm.bitnet