[comp.sys.apple] Where's the ZIP?

jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy G. Mereness) (02/12/88)

A week or more ago, it was posted that Zip Technologies had promised to
deliver their infamous Chip within ten days.

Where is it?

Any unhappy people who ordered the thing at Applefest, Fall 87, received
anything yet?

Or is "fly by night" Zip still stalling? (It's hard to stall when you run 4
color ads in major magazines)

---
Capt. Albatross

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (02/15/88)

>From:         "Jeremy G. Mereness" <jm7e+@andrew.cmu.EDU>
>Subject:      Where's the Zip?

According to the March issue of InCider, the alleged delivery date
for the ZIP Chip is March 15.  Of course, InCider's story indicates
that they've only seen mock-ups, not an actual ZIP Chip.

What's all the surprise?  BIG firms have been a year or two late, so
why can't a little firm we've never heard of suffer a little schedule
slippage?  Remember "Windows" (Microsoft) or dBase-Mac (Ashton-Tate: is
it out yet? really?  What about dBase IV?  It's coming, it's coming...
;-)

Disclaimer: My employer often is appalled by my opinions, and
            my facts may be only vaguely right <slippery when wet>.

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut