[comp.sys.apple] Monitor ][e wavering problem

jrs@hpfclr.HP.COM (John Spencer) (02/04/88)

Your monitor may have a power supply regulation problem, but, the problem may
be much simpler than that.  If you placed another AC operated appliance on top
of the monitor (such as a printer or modem) then the electromagnetic force from
that units power transformer may be causing your monitor's CRT to react to the
EMF from the power transformer.  In this latter case the solution would be to
remove the interferance source.  If interferance is not the problem, see the
dealer.

  ___                    _ __       ()
 (   >      /           ' )  )      /\
  __/______/_  ____      /--'      /  )  _   _  ____  _. _  __
 / /  (_) / /_/ / <_    /  \ o    /__/__/_)_</_/ / <_(__</_/ (_
<_/                                    /
John R. Spencer  (hpesjrs!jrs@hplabs, hpfcla!jrs (303) 229-3271)

taro@uhccux.UUCP (Taro Nobusawa) (02/07/88)

In article <3980001@hpfclr.HP.COM> jrs@hpfclr.HP.COM (John Spencer) writes:
>Your monitor may have a power supply regulation problem, but, the problem may
>be much simpler than that.  If you placed another AC operated appliance on top
>of the monitor (such as a printer or modem) then the electromagnetic force from

Uh, I'd just like to point othat it is very unadvisable to put anything
on top of your monitor.  I've known someone who left a disk on top of a
monitor and the disk warped like a record left in the sun.  The teratures
on top of the monmitores get very hot, my GS rgb temp goes over 110 F.

___
|N|

--
"Mad as a hen wetter...goodbye and good day.   THPPT" -Opus
Taro Nobusawa  		taro@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

GZT.EWW@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU (Wes Williams) (02/16/88)

Re: Screen wavering problems....
Another possible cause is that the signal connection from the computer
to the monitor has been looped or twisted up in the (or a ) 110 power
supply. I have had a similar problem and it was rectified with the movement
and straightening out of all the 110 lines and data/monitor feeds.
Electro-magnetic inductance raises h--- with vidieo and data connections.

gzt.eww@oz.ai.mit.edu@xx.lcs.mit.edu.arpa

-------