[comp.sys.apple] IIGS Drive Adaptor

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (02/16/88)

  Several companies make adaptors which can be used to connect old Disk II
type drives to the IIC, IIGS and IIE w/newer controller where drives are
daisy chained.
  I have one from Pico products.
  Programs Plus (800 832 3201) advertises an Apple IIc Drive Adaptor from
Hi-Tech Peripherals for $15.  I assume it should work the same way.
  I even saw one last week when I walked into a Softown.

ARPA:   stein%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Alan H. Stein
BITNET: STEIN@UCONNVM                          University of Connecticut
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN        at Waterbury
CompuServe: 71545,1500  Genie:  ah.stein       Department of Mathematics

tsang@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Tsang) (02/17/88)

In article <8802160855.aa16647@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET writes:

>  Several companies make adaptors which can be used to connect old Disk II
>type drives to the IIC, IIGS and IIE w/newer controller where drives are
>daisy chained.

But do any connect TWO Disk II's to a GS?  That would be nice...
If anyone has any information about one of THOSE, please post it
or email me... save me the trouble of getting two unidisk 5.25's...

   Donald Tsang
   tsang@cory.Berkeley.EDU    ||    ...!ucbvax!cory!tsang

danield@pnet01.cts.COM (Daniel Davidson) (02/17/88)

>But do any connect TWO Disk II's to a GS?  That would be nice...
>If anyone has any information about one of THOSE, please post it
>or email me... save me the trouble of getting two unidisk 5.25's...

A few months back Computer Shoper had the diagram for just the adapter you
want. I was looking for the article but I can't seem to find it. It appeared
in the Ask the Guru column. You could get a copy of Computer Shoper and write
to Don Lancaster who does that colum. Since he sells reprints of the Ask the
Guru column I'm sure he could tell you which one you need.

|\                         Did I say that???                          /|
| \      What I said may be right but I wouldn't guarantee it.       / |
|  UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!danield   |
|                  ARPA: crash!pnet01!danield@nosc.mil                 |
|                     INET: danield@pnet01.cts.com                     |