[comp.sys.apple] Apple disk problems

In article <880218180953.21c03755@Sds.Sdsc.Edu> jordan%lvvb.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) writes:
>     Apple disks have been having intermittent problems running some Prodos-16
>applications like the finder. This from GENIE AART. A fix has been promised but
>apparently not yet delivered.

I would be interested in more information on this.  I've been using the
Finder with both a ProFile and an HD20SC without any disk problems.

jordan%lvvb.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) (02/19/88)

Doug,
     I don't have exact info here on the finder/Apple disk problem. The
problem has been noted on a //gs with Apple SCSI card and an HD##SC disk,
I believe a 20. When the disk is 3/4 full or more and some heavily disk
intensive work is done (multiple copies???) the finder crashes. The pro-
blem has been duplicated at Apple Tech East after the person with the
problem contacted them through Apple-Link. To date there has been no so-
lution.

     I'll try to get more detailed info over the weekend. If the fellow
with the problems allows, I'll post parts of his messages here that cover
the problem and his attempts at a fix.

								Rich

Richard Jordan
SAIC Las Vegas
<jordan%lvva.span@sds.sdsc.edu>

DISCLAIMER: The stuff said above is my own stuff, not necessarily SAIC's stuff
            or the U.S. Government's stuff.