[comp.sys.apple] PLEASE PLEASE LETS NOT INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (02/19/88)

Hey gang, I know its very easy to hit the right key so that the text of
the message you are replying to is included in your reply.  But it
really isn't very sensible:  it wastes net bandwidth, storage, and my
time.  And by the time it gets three or four deep its absolutely absurd.
Lets not do it.  (What prompted this was a 50 line message with only one
line of original text.)

medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (02/20/88)

In article <880219013355.698153@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:

>Hey gang, I know its very easy to hit the right key so that the text of
>the message you are replying to is included in your reply.  But it
>really isn't very sensible:  it wastes net bandwidth, storage, and my
>time.  And by the time it gets three or four deep its absolutely absurd.
>Lets not do it.  (What prompted this was a 50 line message with only one
>line of original text.)

 NO NO NO i get lots of messages and with just the answer i really have
a time figuring out what the answer was all about. Now deleting unnecessary
parts of the original is certainly a good idea but dont delete the original.