[comp.sys.apple] gateway to bitnet

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (02/24/88)

The following message implies that mail between bitnet and info-apple
will get backlogged at the beginning of next week (another period
of silence followed by a large number of messages mostly out of
<time> sequence).

UCONNVM and BROWNVM (where APPLE2-L is) are using the gateway at
MIT to communicate with the INTERNET, but every bitnet site West
and South of NYC will be cutoff from APPLE2-L on Sunday (probably
not a great problem since the number of files per day has been
small, but if anyone has a program to post it would make sense to
do it before Saturday or wait until next Monday).

>CUNYVM Downtime
>
>Date:         Tue, 23 Feb 88 10:23:30 EST
>From:         Bill Rubin <WGRCU@CUNYVM>
>
>Due to building maintenance which requires turning off our water supply,
>the CUNYVM machine (which includes CUNYVMV2, and the INTERBIT gateway for
>most sites) will be unavailable on Sunday, February 28th from 6am-midnight.
>
>We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes you and your users.
>
>Bill Rubin

Disclaimer: My employer often is appalled by my opinions, and
            my facts may be only vaguely right <slippery when wet>.

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut