[comp.sys.apple] Apple /// Info

DELARISC@SERVAX.BITNET (ARNOLD=DELARISCH) (02/27/88)

>> From:     SEWALL@UCONNVM
>> Subject:  Apple /// Info
>>           (also how to post from bitnet)
>> To:       INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA
>> CC:       DELARISC@SERVAX

>> <INET and USENET subscribers -- as a reward for your patience in
>> putting up with the following blatant lecture to a limited subset
>> of bitnet readers -- I have appended a missent piece of mail which
>> is 1) interesting and 2) insofar as I can tell based on my own
>> shopping (I nearly bought an Apple /// in 1983) is correct.>

I apologize for the so called "blatant lecture" as described so vividly
above by SEWALL@UCONNVM!

>>                      ATTENTION BITNET SUBSCRIBERS!!!
>> DO NOT <--- (Important) --> send mail for info-apple to NDSUVM1 !!!
>> The correct address IS: info-apple@brl.arpa

Thank you very much for pointing this fact out. I'm rather new to BITNET
and its conventions!

>> (Yes, that is an '@' sign -- if you're using the CMS operating system
>> on an IBM, you'll have to figure out how to get it to accept '@' as
>> a character rather than a "delete the previous character" symbol <an
>> exercise left to the student because figuring out how your system works
>> is good for you>).  The address also is longer than 8 characters long
>> (hint: you can't use CMS's NOTE or SENDFILE commands -- arpanet doesn't
>> understand IBM's NetData format anyway) so you MUST learn how to send
>> MAIL (PROFS, the processor favored by Oli North and Adm Poindexter, is
>> one way to do that).

As for "blatant lectures" ... I read the above paragraph almost as
a sermon! 8-{)

-Arnold

* Arnold De Larisch                     BITNET: DELARISC@SERVAX *
* Florida Atlantic University           UUCP:   novavax!arnold  *
* Center for Complex Systems            Ma Bell:(305) 338-2225  *
* Building MT-9                                                 *
* Boca Raton, FL  33431                                         *