[comp.sys.apple] general stuff

whitney@think.COM (David Whitney) (02/25/88)

Just a couple of random things:

I have BLU v2.27. Is there a later version than that out? If so, can someone
send it to me?

So far, nobody has answered my question about APW/ORCA differences. Nor
has anyone sent me ordering info (order #s for APDA). Are you all sworn to
secrecy about this? Somebody please say *something*.

Some Z-Link news: a few people have sent me notes saying "Gosh Dave, VT100
doesn't work at all..." Well, this is and is not true. VT100 works fine.
One of the commands (specifically "go into insert character mode") was mis-
interpreted as "get out of ANSI mode". Thus, when Emacs or whatever wanted
to go into insert mode, Z-Link promptly fell out of ANSI mode. I've fixed
that. I'm also investigating another oddity (vt102 screwed up big time, but
I think it's the termcap file here - not Z-Link). I'll re-post in 4-bit in a
while (I forgot that 6-bit tends to get munged when crossing over to BITNET).

David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney@think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: You didn't actually believe all that, did you?

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (Dave Harvey) (03/02/88)

In article <pnet01!crash!think.com!whitney> (David Whitney) writes:

>I have BLU v2.27.  Is there a later version than that out?  If so, can
>someone send it to me?
>So far, nobody has answered my question about APW/ORCA differences.  Nor has
>anyone sent me ordering info (order#s for APDA)

In regard to BLU, the latest version is 2.28 and is not much different
that the version you have.  All it does is make squeezing an automatic
operation.  You now have no choice as to whether you want to squeeze the
files or not.   Due to how our proline network is set up, it would be difficult
for me to send you a copy.
Re APDA, you have to be a member to order stuff I think.  Their address
is:
290 SW 43rd Street, Renton, WA 98055. 206-251-6548.  To order products
call 1-800-426-3667.
You might go ahead and try to order using the 800 number.  All they can say is no.  The price, of course, might be more.
PROLINE: pro-charlotte!pro-novapple!daveharv
UUCP: {ihnp4, cbosgd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pro-charlotte!pro-novapple!daveharv
ARPA: crash!pro-charlotte!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
INT: pro-novapple!daveharv@pro-charlotte.cts.com
pro-novapple :-> 1 703 352-5842 - 300/1200/2400 - 24 hrs