[comp.sys.apple] Mousetalk and Ramdrives

forde@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("MAJ ERIC S. FORD") (02/27/88)

According to the local Apple User's Group, the Mousetalk docs indicate all
Ramdisks are disabled by Mousetalk when it first runs.  If you run it from a
normal disk, with a ramdisk active, it will give you a warning notice that
your ramdisk is about to be erased and offer you a chance to discontinue the
startup.  If you run it from a ramdisk it simply shuts itself off before it
gets even that far.

Eric
------

mccarthy@well.UUCP (Patrick McCarthy) (03/03/88)

In article <8802261953.aa11563@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> <forde@eglin-vax.arpa> writes:

> According to the local Apple User's Group, the Mousetalk docs indicate all
> Ramdisks are disabled by Mousetalk when it first runs.  If you run it from a
> normal disk, with a ramdisk active, it will give you a warning notice that
> your ramdisk is about to be erased and offer you a chance to discontinue the
> startup.  If you run it from a ramdisk it simply shuts itself off before it
> gets even that far.

It may well be that AE MouseTalk does this with some (or even most)
ramdrives. However, it runs just fine on the my IIGS ramdisk, thank you.
I've got an AE GS RAM card with 1.5 megabytes, and have my ramdisk
set up as an 800K volume (I'm running off it right now). My mousetalk
version is 1.30, and I have never experienced either of the above
symptoms.

Pat McCarthy
mccarthy@well.uucp
well!mccarthy@lll-crg.arpa