[comp.sys.apple] 65832 !!!

tjt@nucleus.UUCP (Tim Thomas) (03/01/88)

Does anybody out there know if the 65832 is near completion?  And,
if so, does Apple plan to use it in a "Super GS"?

The use of the 65832 would certainly call for a Super GS.  Perhaps
Apple could even design the computer at a decent speed ;-).

Tim

spike@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Spike) (03/03/88)

In article <717@nucleus.UUCP> tjt@nucleus.UUCP (Tim Thomas) writes:

>Does anybody out there know if the 65832 is near completion?  And,
>if so, does Apple plan to use it in a "Super GS"?
>The use of the 65832 would certainly call for a Super GS.  Perhaps
>Apple could even design the computer at a decent speed ;-).

	The 65832 is suppost to be pin compatable with the 65816.  You
could (if you could get one) just throw it in your GS.  Acording to
the tech sheet for the 65816 the the main diffrence will be that the
'832 will add 32-bit operations.

	Anyone know a good source of 65802's?

	"Last night I had that dream again. I dreamt I had to take a
		test, in a Dairy Queen, on another planet."
 UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!bu-it!spike  ARPANET: spike@bu-it.bu.edu
   CSNET: spike%bu-it@bu-cs   BITNET: engemnc@bostonu "VPS sucks"

--
->Spike

buyse@convexe.UUCP (03/04/88)

If the 65832 is a true pin-compatible with the 65c816, then that's bad
news to me.

It of course would mean that we'd live with a 16-bit bus for a 32-bit
processor.  I would hate an architecture if it is limited by only the
bus.

16 bits is fine for now.  Just give me the speed.