[comp.sys.apple] comp.apple.binaries vote

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (03/06/88)

>From: Drew David Holzlein <dh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>Subject: Re: comp.sys.binaries
>
>I'm willing to collect votes, and do whatever, but I have no idea of what
>really needs to be done.  If you could give me explicit instructions,
>or better yet handle everything but the vote collection, I'm all for it.
>
>Drew D. Holzlein

The decision (and voting) about a comp.apple.binaries is a USENET
issue.  I'm not completely familiar with CMU's net memberships, but
I believe you are essentially a bitnet site with (perhaps) an
arpa gateway.  I do know that andrew is an internal CMS network
with a gateway to bitnet.  If my understanding of your network
affiliation is correct, neither you nor I can take on the
responsibility for a vote.  I wish you could; thanks for the offer.

I'm at a bitnet site, documenation for "voting" procedures does NOT
exist here.  I can offer only moral support.

An andrew address OUGHT to be able to send mail to LISTSERV@BROWNVM
containing commands (you can, at least, take advantage of APPLE2-L
I believe).  Have you tried mailing: INDEX APPLE2-L (to LISTSERV@BROWNVM)?
PLEASE NOTE (because an unbelievable number of people get it wrong)
that commands MUST be sent to LISTSERV.

If commands are sent to me (I think people who do that use the "reply"
function without paying attention to where the "reply" is going), I
will bounce them back (since I am not a mindless, robotic
mailer daemon, I often include sarcasm, snide remarks or similar
attention getters that not everyone accepts in good humor), so try
hard not to do that.

Disclaimer: I like my opinions better than my employers anyway...

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut