[comp.sys.apple] !?

MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET (01/14/88)

That is so funny!

Paraphrase...

>Even ProGloss has its ridiculous 32M limitation.

Oh, boy!  I'd rather have a 32 Meg per volume setup than a hundred 400K vol-
umes!  Be realistic!!  As if 32 Megs is SMALL or something!  Most people don't
even have more than 20 to begin with!

mark

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (01/22/88)

In article <8801141115.aa17528@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET writes:

>That is so funny!
>
>Paraphrase...
>
>>Even ProGloss has its ridiculous 32M limitation.
>
>As if 32 Megs is SMALL or something!  Most people don't
>even have more than 20 to begin with!
>
>mark

That's what the said about PC-DOS. . .

And now I'm end up spending all of Christmas break toying with my mother's
40Mb hard disk . . .

Sean Kamath

OK, Folks.  Let get one thing straight.  *EVERYTHING* has it's
limitations, sometimes severe, and othertimes unimportant or
non-relevant.

And 32 Meg *IS* small.  Really.
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs ihnp4}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET:  reed!kamath@Berkeley.BITNET

MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET (03/16/88)

Y'know... if more effort were devoted to developing a better emulation system
for the //s, the overhead wouldn't matter.  Why put 10 emulations for terminals
that noone's even seen in 10 years in a program just because they are easy to
interpret?  This gives people an easy way to say "Look at AAAAAAALLLLLLL the
terminals my program emulates!!"  I say "Nobody USES those anymore!"  All I've
ever had call to use is VT-100 emulation.  I know of some excellent programs
for IBM that go up to VT-240!  They don't even include the other terminals!

The point is...  don't clutter the thing with useless emulations and then sit
back content with a job well done.  Strive for the BEST!  I would do something
like this if chronic apathy for the //e hadn't set into me.  I'm thinking of
getting an Amiga 2000 this summer... UNLESS, of course, this gs+ thing turns
into a reality.  But Apple is FAST losing my interest (and many other peoples'
I'm sure!)

Take it easy...

mcl9337@tamvenus.bitnet