[comp.sys.apple] Telling LISTSERV your address

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (03/20/88)

Larry, give this a try and let me know if it works (I'm sure I sent
this item to info-apple on 3/16 but it hasn't been delivered by my
local LISTSERV although things I've posted since have been - I did
get one message posted on 3/16 this evening, so if this is redundant,
oops).

>// JOB REPLY-TO="rfc822 address",FILES-TO="rfc822 address"
>
>REPLY-TO is for  messages (incl job output) sent to  you, FILES-TO is for
>files.

If I understand what the author of LISTSERV means, then starting
mail posted to LISTSERV@BROWNVM with that // JOB REPLY-TO="...etc
line should have the response to commands sent to the address in
that line (rather than an attempt to send to the "From" line's
address).

If this is to work, then you MUST be getting APPLE2-L (indicates
that LISTSERV IS capable of getting mail to you).  If you aren't
sure what address the LISTSERV actually is using (mailers tend
to change the "From:" line as mail passes through gateways), then
send a message to CHRIS@BROWNVM and ask him (rather than create
a whole bunch of "failed request" messages, wait until Larry gives
it a go to see if it works).

INDEX APPLE2-L

ought to be simple enough a command (hope this works 8-)

Disclaimer: I like my opinions better than my employer's anyway...

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut