[comp.sys.apple] People I could do without!

forde@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("MAJ ERIC S. FORD") (03/29/88)

People who don't own an Apple II (//) but insist on posting boasting about
how much more they like their system on an Apple II oriented newsgroup.
------

julerio1@polyob.UUCP (A1 jose ulerio1 ) (03/30/88)

In article <8803282032.aa02022@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA>, forde@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("MAJ ERIC S. FORD") writes:
> People who don't own an Apple II (//) but insist on posting boasting about
> how much more they like their system on an Apple II oriented newsgroup.
> ------

I figure it like this: there are always people who will want to go one-up
on you given any situation.  The Apple II has long had a history of naysayers
doom-casting soothsayers and others who have berated the machine and predicted
its slide into murky obsolescence.  People used to say you couldn't do this
or that on the Apple, like smooth animation and good games and graphics,
or even IBM emulation,
and someone somewhere usually comes up with something to prove them wrong.
Things like Airheart, the PC Transporter, Wings of Fury, etc..
Apples are still going pretty strong for the nonce and it really gets pointless
arguing about when it is going to go over the brink.

If you have a certain system that WORKS for you and you are COMFORTABLE with it
be it an Apple, IBM, Atari, Commodore, or Amiga then you know what is RIGHT
for YOU.  It may not necessarily be the right choice in other people's minds,
but if you're happy with it, that's the only verdict that counts.

greg@engr.uky.edu (Greg Henderson) (03/30/88)

In article <8803282032.aa02022@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> "MAJ ERIC S. FORD" <forde@eglin-vax.arpa> writes:
>People who don't own an Apple II (//) but insist on posting boasting about
>how much more they like their system on an Apple II oriented newsgroup.

Or how about those people with IBM computers that tell us Apple // owners
to "get a *real* computer" when they have a Commodore 64 sitting right
next to their AT.

Or those people who say that nothing good has and will never become of Apple
or the company.. when they are considering on buying a Mac se..  Makes you
want to wonder about some people.

Just my .02 worth...

Greg Henderson

And *yes* I do like repeating periods...
--
 The secret of my success is that at an early age I discovered I was not God.
                   -\-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.-/-

rat@circle.UUCP (David Douthitt) (04/02/88)

Why that's part of the fun in using the Apple.  Someone says, hey that
cant be done on an APPLE, and then one goes ahead and DOES what CANT be
done....

But of course, that's always the fun part.

Someone around here mentioned Apple UNIX on the Mac II and costs.  That's
a sore point with me: for the cost of Apple UNIX, you can get an ENTIRE
80386 IBM AT compatible AND Microport System V UNIX.  And that doesn't
include the cost of the Mac II mind you.  Like I said, it's a sore point
with me.

Why doesn't Apple price Macs and UNIX within the price reach of us mere
mortals?

:::: David Douthitt ::::                   "Come to Wisconsin and
:::: Madison, Wisconsin ::::                    smell our dairy-air!"
UUCP: rat@uwspan.uucp, rat@circle.uucp
Fido: David Douthitt, 121/1

--
::: David Douthitt ::: Madison, Wisc :::
uucp mail: ...!uwvax!geowhiz!uwspan!circle!rat