[comp.sys.apple] ADB caution--just 1 computer

>Date:         Tue, 29 Mar 88 17:49:27 est
>From:         DSEAH%WPI.BITNET@husc6.harvard.EDU
>Subject:      Desktop Bus
>
>We plugged two ADB keyboards into a Mac SE, and both people could type
>at the same time.  I wonder if it would be possible to plug two Apple IIgs
>into ONE keyboard so we could synchronize two music programs together.
>I think it would work, but I am too scared to try it with someone elses
>keyboard.  Has anybody tried this before?  Or how about tying two keyboard
>to two computers all tied up in one swell loop!  Wow!

 D O N ' T   T R Y   I T !

I remember reading on comp.sys.mac(?) a few months ago where somebody
tried putting two Macintoshes on the same ADB Keyboard, and it fried
one of the Macs!

Remember:  An ADB chain can have lots of input devices on it (mice, keyboards,
           etc.), but JUST ONE COMPUTER!

> Dave Seah - Worcester Polytechnic Institute
>
> | Bitnet:   DSeah@WPI.Bitnet                   |   Apples Rock! //
> | Internet: DSeah%WPI.Bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU   |               // Zap!

--David A. Lyons  a.k.a.  DAL Systems
  PO Box 287 | North Liberty, IA 52317