[comp.sys.apple] Desktop Bus

DSEAH@WPI.BITNET (03/30/88)

We plugged two ADB keyboards into a Mac SE, and both people could type
at the same time.  I wonder if it would be possible to plug two Apple IIgs
into ONE keyboard so we could synchronize two music programs together.
I think it would work, but I am too scared to try it with someone elses
keyboard.  Has anybody tried this before?  Or how about tying two keyboard
to two computers all tied up in one swell loop!  Wow!

How about some reviews of Ultima V?  I'd love to hear about it.  Does it
support the Mockingboard, perhaps GS sound drivers, and what are the
graphics like?  Do you have to be "good", or can you swipe blasters like
in olden times?

On a sidetrack, my Mockingboard doesn't work in my GS.  Installed, it
disables resets somehow.  Perhaps someone has a technical explanation?

On yet another sidetrack,  can you plug a 256K ROM right into the
socket in an Apple //gs?  I read about RAM upgrades that say, "...and
all you have to do to upgrade the system is to replace those 256Kbit DRAMS
with the 1024Kbit DRAMS (once they become availiable)...".  I think the
Atari ST is one of those.  It would be nice, yes?
 Dave Seah - Worcester Polytechnic Institute

williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) (04/01/88)

In article <8803292249.AA03453@wpi.local> DSEAH@WPI.BITNET writes:
>How about some reviews of Ultima V?  I'd love to hear about it.  Does it
>support the Mockingboard, perhaps GS sound drivers, and what are the
>graphics like?  Do you have to be "good", or can you swipe blasters like
>in olden times?

Haven't played it, but I saw it for $51 at store the other day: it drives
a Mockingboard, MDIdeas, and one other.

>On a sidetrack, my Mockingboard doesn't work in my GS.  Installed, it
>disables resets somehow.  Perhaps someone has a technical explanation?

No Clue, I have the Mockinboard, but I am a //e'r.

> Dave Seah - Worcester Polytechnic Institute
-Remo

BTW, your discussion of 2 keyboards to a Mac,etc reminded me of a question:
How do you go about using 2 Joysticks on a //? I have a few applications which
can use 2 joysticks and I have 3, BUT I don't know how to do set them up.

Thanks

..{nbires,hao,seismo,ihnp4}!boulder!tramp!williamm
BIT: WILLIAMS@COLORADO.EDU
SNAIL: 2905 E Aurora Ave #129, Boulder CO 80303

prw@meccsd.MECC.MN.ORG (Paul R. Wenker) (04/05/88)

In article <8803292249.AA03453@wpi.local> DSEAH@WPI.BITNET writes:
>I wonder if it would be possible to plug two Apple IIgs
>into ONE keyboard so we could synchronize two music programs together.
>I think it would work, but I am too scared to try it with someone elses
>keyboard.  Has anybody tried this before?  Or how about tying two keyboard
>to two computers all tied up in one swell loop!  Wow!

I wouldn't try this if I were you.  A few months ago, someone posted a
message saying that they tried this with two Mac SE's.  One of the
SE's won, the other died a horrible death.

-Paul R. Wenker
-MECC