[comp.sys.apple] Problems with some APPLE2-L files

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (04/07/88)

> I couldn't get the bouncing ball, the two versions of the mandelbrot set
> generator nor the desktop accessories to work.

If by the desktop accessories you mean the 7 files from APPLE2-L with
titles something like "II Gs Desk Top Accessories" and file numbers
such as 87-00023 thru 87-00027, I also had trouble with them.  After
several attempts, I finally gave up.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892

laba-4an@web3d.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (04/08/88)

In article <8804061535.aa11861@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) writes:
>> I couldn't get the bouncing ball, the two versions of the mandelbrot set
>> generator nor the desktop accessories to work.
>
>If by the desktop accessories you mean the 7 files from APPLE2-L with
>titles something like "II Gs Desk Top Accessories" and file numbers
>such as 87-00023 thru 87-00027, I also had trouble with them.  After
>several attempts, I finally gave up.

>J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
>BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
>National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892

I guess I'm just lucky, but I got the whole lot of them to work.  I have the
desk accessories in a tar file, and can e-mail that to anyone who wants it.

Anyone who wants to use snail mail can try to work something out (I have
the bouncing ball, desk accessories, and mandelbrot stuff all working under
ProDOS on a //gs with ROM version 01).

--
laba-4an@widow.berkeley.edu (or whatever UUCP says :-))