[comp.sys.apple] Accessing the appropriate LISTSERV

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (04/09/88)

 MPENDER@WPI writes:
>We can't request apple2-l  files here at WPI, because it asks
>us to use a closer node, ie. listserv@bostonu.

The appropriate action is to start with your local bitnet rep
(according to the info on file at CSNEWS@MAINE that's Kieu Hua
<KNHUA@WPI>) by email or phone.  I'm unable to help because
you've used an ambiguous "it" - does LISTSERV@BROWNVM ask you
to try LISTSERV@BOSTONU or have your local systems people
created some local mod?  The content of LISTSERV's are varied
(they don't all carry the same lists and archives).  If you
can't reach beyond LISTSERV@BOSTONU you'll be missing out on
a LOT of lists (try sending: GET LISTSERV GROUPS from
NICSERVE@BITNIC).

Disclaimer: I like my opinions better than my employer's anyway...

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut