[comp.sys.apple] Gripes

DSEAH@WPI.BITNET (02/29/88)

Has anyone experienced problems when copying large numbers of files
to a Ramdisk using the IIgs Finder?  I consistantly get something like
"I/O error in Ramdisk" twice in a row (right after each other), and the
process aborts.  This problem does not seem to occur using Copy II Plus.
I am using the old gsRAM card from Applied Engineering and version 3.1 of
the System Disk.

In article <8802282040.AA05380@wpi.local> DSEAH@WPI.BITNET writes:
>"I/O error in Ramdisk"

Make sure your min & max RAMdisk sizes are set to the same number.

cc@xroads.UUCP (Dan McGuirk) (03/03/88)

In article <8802282040.AA05380@wpi.local>, DSEAH@WPI.BITNET writes:
> Has anyone experienced problems when copying large numbers of files
> to a Ramdisk using the IIgs Finder?  I consistantly get something like
> "I/O error in Ramdisk" twice in a row (right after each other), and the
> process aborts.  This problem does not seem to occur using Copy II Plus.
> I am using the old gsRAM card from Applied Engineering and version 3.1 of
> the System Disk.

I also have a GS-Ram and Finder version 3.1 and the EXACT same thing happens
to me!  That is one of the major reasons I stopped using the Finder, besides
speed.  I seem to remember that if you format the RamDisk before trying to
copy anything to it it seems to work...

Dan
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 \/   (602) 971-2240

DSEAH@WPI.BITNET (04/12/88)

Is there an address that Apple Computer has that one can mail all their
complaints to?  There are quite a few of them that I have.  Would it be
alright to insert appropriate bits of text from Info-Apple flames w/ names?
Or without names?

I still haven't received my two free issues of Incider.  I wonder if I am
even registered with them.  Incidentally, InCider seems to have gotten
much better than I remember it being.

|              Dave Seah --- Worcester Polytechnic Institute               |
| Bitnet:   DSeah@WPI.Bitnet                    |  We can't receive files! |
| Internet: DSeah%WPI.Bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU    |  EMAIL only!             |