[comp.sys.apple] Transfering CP/M files

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (04/13/88)

 DSEAH%WPI.BITNET@husc6.harvard.EDU writes:
>With Apple, anything can be made possible, if slowly.  Alright,  how
>do you do it?

The easiest way is SOFTERM (1 or 2) which will read CP/M files directly
and send them through the serial port via Xmodem to a Commodore either
by modem or null modem cable.

If that (expensive) communications software isn't handy, there's a
program called the Chameleon (it's on APPLE2-L - getting it's another
problem, but we're ARE working on that).  It will copy C/PM files to
DOS 3.3 (or to ProDOS).  Those can then be sent with Xmodem or Kermit
to a Commodore.

Disclaimer: If my employer tries to express my opinion, I'll sue
            for violation of the "look and feel" of this message!

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut