[comp.sys.apple] Apple MIDI question

williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) (04/13/88)

In article <8804102209.AA13618@wpi.local> DSEAH@WPI.BITNET writes:
>Here is a more complete rundown of Music Studio GS 2.0, right off the package:
> [...]
>Supports the following MIDI interfaces:  Apple MIDI Interface, Opcode Studio
>Plus Two & The Professional Plus, Passport MNIDI Interface, for Apple II
>(MIDI out only)

  Okay, to find out whether or not my MIDI is compatible with any of these,
what are the main chips of the Apple MIDI and the Passport MIDI (or
any of the others)?  Reason being that I have still been too busy/lazy to
write my own software for mine, and if it is compatible to any other,
I may not need to.  Mine uses a 6850 ACIA and a 6840 Timer.  To determine
complete compatibility, I supposed I would have to post which addresses
are connected to what on the board, but if there aren't any with these
chips, then I seriously doubt that I will have any luck anyway.

  If you are familiar with any of these, please reply so that I can
get some general idea.  (BTW, it is one that I spoke of earlier which
is from NuScope/MicroMate &/or Computer Parts Galore)

Thanks
-Remo
..{nbires,ncar,seismo,ihnp4}!boulder!tramp!williamm \ Bela Lugosi  riding  the
BIT: WILLIAMS%CUBLDR@VAXF.COLORADO.EDU              / Kundalini Express in ...
SNAIL: 2905 E Aurora Ave #129, Boulder CO 80303     \ (could it be?) Sunshine!
      "Aw SHPX this and SHPX that, SHPX it all SHPXing, SHPXing blat!
          She don't wanna baby 'at looks like THAT!" SeX PiStoLs