[comp.sys.apple] executive/ioner

laba-4an@web4d.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (04/12/88)

Which program creates dumps like the following?  Perhaps someone could e-mail
the answer, along with some idea as where to get hold of a copy.

#e@J@otA?hX@Jk@tAI?[@roAtAA?^k@hDrtAoja@oKAtAI?d@rjDtAC?lk@hDotA?
#hv@Hk@tAI?y@rnDt@C?Ak@hDotB?Z]@ekAtAE?h@Zm@tBA?Se@m@rtAoiWA_kBtA
#I?ZAj_BtAB?_aA^BrtAoicA_kBtAI?fAj_BtAB?reA`ArtAoYDA_kBtAE?GAj_Bt
#@B?PaAuBrtAoYTA_kBtAE?YAj_Bt@A?^eA`AotB?WzAwkAtAqo`BZIBt?A?ceBIB

--
laba-4an@widow.berkeley.edu[.UUCP] (Andy McFadden)

"Off with his byte!"

williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) (04/13/88)

In article <8595@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> laba-4an@web4d.berkeley.edu () writes:
>Which program creates dumps like the following?
>#e@J@otA?hX@Jk@tAI?[@roAtAA?^k@hDrtAoja@oKAtAI?d@rjDtAC?lk@hDotA?
>#@B?PaAuBrtAoYTA_kBtAE?YAj_Bt@A?^eA`AotB?WzAwkAtAqo`BZIBt?A?ceBIB

Executioner.  "GET APPLE2-L 87-00054" from LISTSERV@BROWNVM if you
are a subscriber.  Else subscribe (SIGNON APPLE2-L fullname) then get it.

Speaking of (typing of?) executioner format, I had had trouble getting any
of my APPLE2-L files to work properly on my machine, whether executed
in ProDOS or DOS3.3.  After nothing worked, I finally found that the
following was what I was getting on the Apple's end after downloading
from the mainframe, as opposed to what is shown above:

#e@J@otA?hX@Jk@tAI?[@roAtAA?^k@hDrtAoja@oKAtAI?d@rjDtAC?lk@hD otA?
#@B?PaAuBrtAoYTA_kBtAE?YAj_Bt@A?^eA`AotB?WzAwkAtAqo`BZIBt?A?c eBIB
                                                           ^^^^^^
Notice that the 5th character from the eoln is a space, which SHOULDN'T
be there.  This would be there regardless of whether or not I used text
capture or Kermit protocol, or something from AEPro, and it wasn't on the
mainframe as such.
  Regardless of how it got there, it was easy enough to fix with AppleWorks,
by simply Replacing All ' 's with ''s (AFTER the preceding block which
IS supposed to have spaces!), and then printing into a new text file.  The
new text file will then (in 90% of my cases) EXEC fine.  Since all of the
editing is done in AppleWorks (I also set the LM and RM to 0in), and the
EXECing also, I have found that I use my ProDOS version of KERMIT much more
than I had predicted.

Hope this helps somebody out there,
Remo

..{nbires,ncar,seismo,ihnp4}!boulder!tramp!williamm \ Bela Lugosi  riding  the
BIT: WILLIAMS%CUBLDR@VAXF.COLORADO.EDU              / Kundalini Express in ...
SNAIL: 2905 E Aurora Ave #129, Boulder CO 80303     \ (could it be?) Sunshine!
      "Aw SHPX this and SHPX that, SHPX it all SHPXing, SHPXing blat!
          She don't wanna baby 'at looks like THAT!" SeX PiStoLs