[comp.sys.apple] Travesty

mdavis@pro-sol.cts.COM (Morgan Davis) (04/14/88)

n8emr!lwv (Larry W. Virden) writes:

> But I have to warn you - look at comp.binaries.ibm.pc - those folks have no
> moderator (just as we do not) and they have a real travesty on their hands.
> Commercial software posted, old versions of software posted, virus software
> posted, lots of discussions posted - all the things that a GOOD moderator
> would prevent.  Only a moderator will be able to give us the peace of mind
> that we would get all postings with the proper info in a reliable format.

Perhaps submission to comp.binaries.apple should be done only by the authors
of the software, or their official "net appointees" when possible.  This way,
if an author submits his own copyrighted (and/or commercial) software, that's
his right and is not a violation.  This also would ensure that the latest
version of the program is being submitted.

Many software authors do have net access, or can easily find someone who
does.  I was going to list a handful of the developers I know who actually do
participate in info-apple, but I won't waste any more space, and I think most
of us are already aware of their presence here.

--Morgan Davis

UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc.mil
INET: mdavis@pro-sol.cts.com