[comp.sys.apple] Kermit-65 version 3.82

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (04/14/88)

 Brian McNamara <panda!genrad!bem@husc6.harvard.EDU> writes:
>    I have just received a copy of 1.2a kermit for the APPLE //c.
>I would like to use it in 80 character mode but it keeps coming up
>in 40 characters and I do not see any way to change it.

Wow! 1.2a, a collectors item :-).  Version 2.1a was around at least
3 years ago (perchance you simply transposed the numbers).  Sadly,
it HAS NO WAY to do 80 columns.

If memory serves me correctly, the first version to do 80 columns
was 3.75.  The current version is 3.82 which was just sprinkled
all over USENET by APPLE2-L (perchance Paul Nakada will put it
on the newly created comp.binaries.apple2 as the link between
binaries.apple2 and APPLE2-L is not yet in place).

You should be able to use the old 40 column version of Kermit to
download the new, whizbang 80 column version (which also emulates
a VT100 as well as a VT52).

Disclaimer: The "look and feel" of this message is exclusively MINE!

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut