[comp.sys.apple] new

>Date:         Wed, 13 Apr 88 16:48:23 GMT
>From:         "Larry W. Virden" <osu-cis!n8emr!lwv@TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU>
>Subject:      New ProDos 16

>Just got my new APDA catalog last nite - sure wasnt much new for the IIgs
>in there - a few books was about all.  The one thing that DID catch my eye,
>and caused me to be very grouchy, was that Apple has updated Prodos 16, but
>is still calling the system disk 3.1.  The new prodos 16 has I believe 3 or
>4 new system calls, adds several new features with these calls (no, I dont
>remember the details and the catalog is at home - I am sure SOMEONE will
>tell us the specifics) and has been available for a week or so.

>Larry W. Virden     75046,606 (CIS)
>674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
>osu-cis!n8emr!lwv (UUCP)     osu-cis!n8emr!lwv@PSUVAX1 (BITNET)

Actually, those "NEW" P16 calls are the same ones that were new with the
original issue of System Disk 3.1--"D_INFO", "GET_DIR_ENTRY", and
"ERASE_DISK".  They are *not* newly "new".

The way I read the description, there may be new toolset versions on there--
but why they didn't change the version number on the disk is beyond me.

--David A. Lyons  a.k.a.  DAL Systems
  PO Box 287 | North Liberty, IA 52317
  BITNET: AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS
  CompuServe: 72177,3233