[comp.sys.apple] Kermit 3.82

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (04/19/88)

>Michael Williams <tramp!williamm@boulder.colorado.EDU> writes:
>>Does anybody know where to get a copy of Kermit-65
>>verstion 8.2?  APPLE2-L?  Which files?
>>
>>Niko Schuessler
>>GA.NES@ISUMVS
>
>So, have you yet gotten comp.binaries.apple2? Try looking at files
>3 and 4 (?). Those are 3.82, by the way.

No, he doesn't get comp.binaries.apple2 because ISUMVS is a bitnet
site (newsgroups don't live here).  Not to worry though, I sent him
3.82 when he posted that message (even before Chris got to it and
cleared it for APPLE2-L).  I hope the comp.binaries.apple2 is the
version that fixs the bug affecting txt files uploaded to Sun (and
possibly other UNIX systems).  The one from APPLE2-L has that fix.

If you use a IIgs (especially at the "fast" speed), you may have
a problem with the MODEM command timing out before the phone has
time to dial and connect.  Here's a patch that'll give MODEM more
time (probably works on a //e with an accelerator, I haven't
tried that).

REM BLOAD KERMIT382 AND EXEC
CALL-151
78D0:D0 6 CE BF 23 4C E2 40 4C EA 40
40DF:4C D0 78
3D0G
PRINT "you can BSAVE KERMIT382,A$1000,L$6F00"
PRINT "or you can CALL 4096 to run KERMIT as patched"

Disclaimer: The "look and feel" of this message is exclusively MINE!

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut