[comp.sys.apple] apple binaries format

dgiles@polyslo.UUCP (Darren Giles) (04/19/88)

   In an earlier posting, I mistakenly referred to the Binary II file
utility as Public Domain.  It is shareware, and already on the apple binaries
section.  I stand corrected, but still recommend its use.

                                       - Darren

>   In an earlier posting, I mistakenly referred to the Binary II file
>utility as Public Domain.  It is shareware, and already on the apple binaries
>section.  I stand corrected, but still recommend its use.

Well, more or less.  BLU isn't completely public domain, but the docs
ask only for a "donation" rather than an outright fee if you retain
the program.

---------------------
Disclaimer: The "look and feel" of this message is exclusively MINE!

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

carlb@pro-avalon.cts.COM (Carl Boernecke) (04/20/88)

dgiles (Darren Giles) writes:
>    In an earlier posting, I mistakenly referred to the Binary II file
> utility as Public Domain.  It is shareware, and already on the apple
> binaries section.  I stand corrected, but still recomment its use.
>
>                                       - Darren

Are you talking about BLU 2.xx?  If so, then it was my understanding that it
is/was Freeware (as in "Copy freely, but don't sell.").  If this is correct,
(that it's Freeware, and not Shareware), then please tell me ... I've been
using it since I downloaded it about three or four weeks ago, on a continual
basis.

Send    | UUCP: [crash sdcsvax sdchem ihnp4] !bang!pnet08!pro-avalon!carlb    |
mail or | ARPA: bang!pnet08!pro-avalon!carlb@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu                 |
replies | INET: pro-avalon!carlb@pnet08.cts.com         ProLine [pro-avalon]: |
to -->  | ProLine: carlb@pro-avalon         (619) 271-0131 - 3/12/24 - 24 hrs |