[comp.sys.apple] Help With MacTerminal

M197993%SLVM307.McAuto.Tymnet@OFFICE-1.ARPA ("Keith R. Hacke") (05/04/88)

Help! I am using MacTerminal (V 2.2) on a Macintosh II with an extended
keyboard. I am using this to establish a terminal session to a Sun running
Unix. However, the new extended keyboard does not do the 'esc' key correctly
(at least to Unix). The manual for MacTerminal says to use the tilde '~'. That
won't work either.

Question: How do I send an esc from the extended keyboard of a Mac II using
MacTerminal?

Keith Hacke

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, fire fighter) (05/05/88)

In article <8805031508.aa21720@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> M197993%SLVM307.McAuto.Tymnet@OFFICE-1.ARPA ("Keith R. Hacke") writes:
>Help! I am using MacTerminal (V 2.2) on a Macintosh II with an extended
>keyboard. I am using this to establish a terminal session to a Sun running
>Unix. However, the new extended keyboard does not do the 'esc' key correctly
>(at least to Unix). The manual for MacTerminal says to use the tilde '~'. That
>won't work either.
>
>Question: How do I send an esc from the extended keyboard of a Mac II using
>MacTerminal?
>
>Keith Hacke

Sorry about posting this to here but since there was no cross post of the
original...

What version of MacTerminal are you using?  The current shipping version is
version 2.3 which should be available from your dealer.

Version 2.2 is supposed to support the escape key on ADB keyboards...
perhaps your copy of the application is damaged.

--
Byron Han,  Communications Tool            "OS/2 - Half of an operating system."
Apple Computer, Inc. MS 27Y                -------------------------------------