[comp.sys.apple] A question to //c techs

cuthbert@tramp.Colorado.EDU (CUTHBERTSON ROBERT) (04/28/88)

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know how an Apple Disk ][ (or compat)
can be made to work with in a //c's external drive port.  (actually, I'm sure
that SOMEONE knows (probability and all that rot) but I was wondering if
anyone that knows ALSO (a) reads this newsgroup and (b) will reply)

Thanx.....

"Maybe when you call me, Baby you can call me Mal!"

+-----                                       -----+
!              cuthbert@tramp.Colorado.EDU.Bitnet !
!              cuthbert@tramp.EDU.UUCP            !
!              cuthbert@tramp.Colorado.EDU.ARPA <- does this work?  E-mail me!
+-----                                       -----+

akuo@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Augie Kuo) (04/28/88)

In article <5687@sigi.Colorado.EDU> cuthbert@tramp.Colorado.EDU (CUTHBERTSON ROBERT) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone would happen to know how an Apple Disk ][ (or compat)
>can be made to work with in a //c's external drive port.  (actually, I'm sure
>that SOMEONE knows (probability and all that rot) but I was wondering if
>anyone that knows ALSO (a) reads this newsgroup and (b) will reply)

All you'd have to do is open up the drive and take out the drive cable (easily
detachable) and replace it with a //c drive cable which can be bought for $5-7
at an Apple dealer. My friend did this for one of my drives that I gave him
and it works fine.

ARPA: akuo@cory.berkeley.edu
UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!pnet02!akuo
INET: akuo@pnet02.CTS.COM

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (04/29/88)

ARPA:   stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu        Alan H. Stein
BITNET: STEIN@UCONNVM                          University of Connecticut
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN        at Waterbury
CompuServe: 71545,1500  Genie:  ah.stein       Department of Mathematics

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (05/11/88)

RE: Using Apple Disk II with Apple //c.

Adapter cables are sold that permit this. One source would be ads in _A+_ or
_Computer Shopper_.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601      |