[net.movies] Gremlins question

fishkin@ucbvax.UUCP (06/24/84)

>Subject: Yet another GREMLINS question
>Okay, time for a harder question.  What was the film being
>shown in the science class?  I don't know what it was, but
>some friends and I thought it seemed familiar.
>____________________________
>Bruce Smith, UNC-Chapel Hill
>decvax!mcnc!unc!bts (USENET)

	I don't remember the *name* of the film shown in the Science
class in Gremlins, but I fondly remember the series. It was a Bell Labs series,
with the Kindly Professor (called, I believe "The Professor" (surprise!)),
and the Young Brash Guy Who Asks Stupid Questions.
	They had a whole series of these things. Each was, as I remember
from 6th grade, about 1 hour long. I remember one on the human body,
and one on astronomy.
	They were OK, but lacked the riveting and timeless appeal
of, say, "The Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse".

		Ken Fishkin		Berkeley Computer Graphics Lab
		ucbvax!fishkin		fishkin@berkeley

jrb@wdl1.UUCP (jrb ) (06/26/84)

#R:ucbvax:-116800:wdl1:1500010:000:342
wdl1!jrb    Jun 25 13:31:00 1984

The "Professor" was Dr Research.  I don't remember the name of the Brash
Young Man Who Asks Stupid Questions was.  The last time I saw _Hemo the
Magnificent_ was in 1971.  They must still be mouldering away in elementary
school film librarys.

				John R Blaker
				UUCP:	...!fortune!wdl1!jrb
				ARPA:	jrb@FORD-WDL1
				and	blaker@FORD-WDL2

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (06/28/84)

>	They were OK, but lacked the riveting and timeless appeal
>of, say, "The Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse".

Is that the film loop or the sound version?  The film loop, being silent, is
more artsy.

	"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear...."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
UUCP:
                             {princeton,ulysses}!allegra -\
                                       {decwrl,qubix}!sun -\
                   {akgua,gatech,harpo,purdue,uf-crgl}!sb1 -\
{cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver -- fluke!moriarty
                         {hplabs,megatest,nbires}!lbl-csam -/
             {microsoft,ssc-vax,telmatic,teltone,uw-vlsi} -/

ARPA (?): fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA