[comp.sys.apple] possible Davex indexed.help problems

>Date:         Mon, 16 May 88 02:33:26 +0300
>From:         Eran Lachs <CLAP100%BGUNOS.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
>Subject:      Re:       Davex

>SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX writes :
>  I downloaded the update of Davex, and discovered a slight problem.  Has
>anyone gotten the help file to work?  I can read text in the first half, but
>I can't get any later commands.  [...]
>--
>  I too encountered the very same problem.
>  Could Jeffrey Alan Ding post the two help files, this time in working
>condition? The rest of Davex is realy excellent.
>Eran Lachs, Ben Gurion University, Israel.

I'm fairly sure at least one person has successfully rebuilt the help
file from the execs on Apple2-L.  Please describe any weird messages you
get when execing the files, especially the second half.

NOTES:
  1.  It is important to EXEC the two parts in order (first one first),
      and in the same directory.

  2.  You MUST have BASIC.SYSTEM 1.1 or higher for this to work.  Under
      BASIC.SYSTEM 1.0, the BSAVE command worked slightly differently
      (it didn't allow a BSAVE *into* an existing file without destroying
      the part of the file that was already there--or something like that).
      [You can determine your BASIC.SYSTEM version by running it with NO
      "STARTUP" program present.]

 (3.  Note that there are around a dozen external commands; none of those
      are included in the Apple2-L upload, since it was already large.)

[For anyone joining this late, Davex is a Shareware command shell for
ProDOS (8) written by me.  It may be distributed freely and is available
from APPLE2-L, CompuServe, GEnie--and probably lots of other places, too.]

--David A. Lyons  a.k.a.  DAL Systems
  PO Box 287 | North Liberty, IA 52317
  BITNET: AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS
  CompuServe: 72177,3233