[comp.sys.apple] Apple //E VT100 Emulation

AOJWF@ASUACAD.BITNET ("James W. Fish") (05/20/88)

Does anyone know of any public domain communications software for the
Apple //E that allows for VT100 emulation?  The only package I have is
Smartcom which came with my Hayes modem - and it doesn't support it.
I don't even think it supports any kind of file transfer except for
ASCII... and suggestions?

Jim Fish, Arizona State University
AOJWF@ASUACAD.BITNET or
ISTJWF@ASUIC.BITNET

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (05/20/88)

> Does anyone know of any public domain communications software for the
> Apple //E that allows for VT100 emulation?  The only package I have is
> Smartcom which came with my Hayes modem - and it doesn't support it.
> I don't even think it supports any kind of file transfer except for
> ASCII... and suggestions?

I believe that new version of Kermit support VT100 emulation.
Version 3.83 of Kermit may be obtained from files 88-00632 and
88-00633 from the APPLE2-L list server at BROWNVM.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892

elliott@glacier.steinmetz (06/01/88)

In article <8805220202.aa01583@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> AOJWF@ASUACAD.BITNET ("James W. Fish") writes:
>Does anyone know of any public domain communications software for the
>Apple //E that allows for VT100 emulation?

I'm putting some finishing touches (like documentation :-) on a very
nice terminal emulation program for the //e that emulates vt100s VERY
well, among other terminal types. It requires a Super Serial Card, and
has //c support. I shall be making it available shareware in about a
month, and if the comp.binaries still exist, will perhaps post it
there. If anyone could tell me how to get it to APPLE2-L, I'd
appreciate that as well.

 Jim Elliott                       /    ...!seismo!uunet!steinmetz!crd!elliott
                                  /
 "Don't look, son, it's          /      Jim_Elliott%mts@itsgw.rpi.edu [school]
  a secular humanist!"          /  (or)     elliott@ge-crd.arpa	      [work]