[comp.sys.apple] 65802 update

DPRY@SIUEMUS.BITNET (Raul Ybarra) (06/01/88)

I have been seeing a lot of commentary about the 65802 update for the
Apple //e.  I personally am not familiar with it and what it can do.
I do know that it supposedly make the //e into a little gs.  I have
been considering this update but am a little uncertain.

I'd like to ask for some opinions of this update chips as well as
some price ranges for it.  I'd also like some opinions on the Apple
//gs as well.

Thanks
Raul Ybarra
<dpry@siuemus>

kamath@reed.UUCP (06/05/88)

In article <8806011323.aa12019@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> DPRY@SIUEMUS.BITNET (Raul Ybarra) writes:
>I have been seeing a lot of commentary about the 65802 update for the
>Apple //e.  I personally am not familiar with it and what it can do.
>I do know that it supposedly make the //e into a little gs.  I have
>been considering this update but am a little uncertain.
>
>I'd like to ask for some opinions of this update chips as well as
>some price ranges for it.  I'd also like some opinions on the Apple
>//gs as well.
>
>Thanks
>Raul Ybarra
><dpry@siuemus>

Well, not really.  In fact, for those who don't program, it's pretty much
useless.  Really.  Sure, it's the *SAME* silicon chip that's in a GS< but it
doesn't have the ROM, the rest of the hardware, or the same silly Mac-like
interface guideline limitations. . . :-) (I couldn't resist.)

Almost nothing will take advantage of the chip, which you should be able to
get for ~$20.  But if you program, then you can have some *fun*.

Sean Kamath

--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs ihnp4}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: reed!kamath@PSUVAX1.BITNET