[comp.sys.apple] Ram for GS

dnelson@pro-exchange.cts.COM (Dru Nelson) (06/07/88)

Ok, I know that the GS uses a RAS before CAS (or vice versa; it really doesn't
matter for this question), or 120ns(~~Shaky assumption~~) or faster than 150ns
will work.  Does this mean that if I use any 120ns DRAM that I wouldn't have
to worry about the RAS before CAS??

UUCP: [ ihnp4 cbosgd sdcsvax ] !crash!pro-exchange!dnelson
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!dnelson@nosc.mil
INET: dnelson@pro-exchange.cts.com

prw@meccsd.MECC.MN.ORG (Paul R. Wenker) (06/08/88)

In article <8806070536.AA15001@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-sol!pro-exchange!dnelson@nosc.mil writes:
>Ok, I know that the GS uses a RAS before CAS (or vice versa; it really doesn't
>matter for this question), or 120ns(~~Shaky assumption~~) or faster than 150ns
>will work.  Does this mean that if I use any 120ns DRAM that I wouldn't have
>to worry about the RAS before CAS??

The proper type is CAS before RAS.  From experience I know that 120ns
RAS before CAS chips will not work.

-Paul R. Wenker
-MECC, Technical Services