[comp.sys.apple] ZIP Chip Scam

forde@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("MAJ ERIC S. FORD") (02/29/88)

Any news in the world of the ZIP chip?  Any body get theirs yet or are they
still classed as vaporware?

Eric
FORDE@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA
------

mkao@pnet01.cts.COM (Mike Kao) (03/02/88)

They are not vaporware. Their excuses about having deadline problems with
their manufacturers is legitimate. I called today, and THEY FINALLY HAVE THE
CHIPS. No, not just the test chips; they actually have the chips. They start
shipping on March 4.

To insure my reception of any replies, please respond via e-mail. Thanks!

                                                                  -- Mike Kao

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.mil
INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM

c60b-ag@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (03/03/88)

     According to the most recent COMPUTIST:

     No ZIP chips have been mailed yet.  Nobody is completely certain what
the problem is, but if they don't send something within 30 days they
are required to refund your money [if you ask] by federal law.

--
"Cute phrase here"
"Various and sundry disclaimers"

forde@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("MAJ ERIC S. FORD") (03/03/88)

Mike Kao reports that the ZIP CHIP is no longer vaporware because they have
shortened their promised shipping delay from weeks to days!  Mike, after this
many months of promising delivery/shipment in a few weeks they ARE vaporware
and will remain so until someone (ANYONE) gets one in hand!

Eric
FORDE@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA
------

mkao@crash.cts.com (Mike Kao) (03/05/88)

In article <1166@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> c60b-ag@buddy.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Andy McFadden) writes:

>     According to the most recent COMPUTIST:
>
>     No ZIP chips have been mailed yet.  Nobody is completely certain what
>the problem is, but if they don't send something within 30 days they
>are required to refund your money [if you ask] by federal law.
>
>--
>"Cute phrase here"
>"Various and sundry disclaimers"

According to the ZIP rep, they have started shipping as of March 3. That means
that AppleFest orders and reviewers should be receiving them SOON.

--

To insure my reception of any replies, please respond via e-mail. Thanks!

                                                                  -- Mike Kao

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.mil
INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM

hauge@VLSI.JPL.NASA.GOV (06/16/88)

If you are one of the folks that has not received your ZIP Chip thahave
ordered as far back as AppleFest '87, give ZIP Technologies a call. They had
"inadvertently" forgotten about my order placed last September, and told m
that they assumed that all of those old orders were already shipped. They
checked and had no shipping date for my unit in the file, so within two days
I received my ZIP Chip. I've forgotten their phone number but they are in
area (213) which is Los Angeles.

Good luck!

				Jim Hauge