[comp.sys.apple] vt100 fixes in Z-Link

whitney@think.COM (David Whitney) (06/21/88)

Well, I've spent the last couple of hours running vttest (which I got just
this evening) and have been fixing countless bugs in the vt100 emulation
in Z-Link. Well, except for 132 column stuff (and other Apple-impossible
feats like double-size characters) Z-Link passes the test. I'm gonna write
in a couple of small features that have been suggested, and then I'll post.

	Dave
David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney@think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: If they only knew what I was doing and saying here...

elliott@glacier.steinmetz (06/22/88)

In article <22331@think.UUCP> whitney@think.UUCP (David Whitney) writes:
>Well, I've spent the last couple of hours running vttest (which I got just
>this evening) and have been fixing countless bugs in the vt100 emulation
>in Z-Link.

Yeah, isn't vttest fun? I thought I had ATP working great (I'd been
using a real vt100 as a comparison machine), and then I ran vttest,
and found out about things like the fact that it expects you to be
able to move the cursor in the middle of an ESC sequence...

Writing vt100 emulation was fun, but I'm glad I don't have to do it again.

 Jim Elliott                       /    ...!seismo!uunet!steinmetz!crd!elliott
                                  /
 "Don't look, son, it's          /      Jim_Elliott%mts@itsgw.rpi.edu [school]
  a secular humanist!"          /  (or)     elliott@ge-crd.arpa	      [work]