[comp.sys.apple] ][GS Ram Battery

hwallace%asbt-te.huachuca-em.arpa@HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA ("Vic Wallace, C, PSD, ASB-TEP ") (07/06/88)

Has any one else had ][GS RAM battery failure yet?  Mine is 20
months old and now puts out less than 80 millivolts.  (I'm
surprized the clock and ram operated down to such a low voltage.)
The Owners Manual says that we should expect from 5 to 10 years
life from the battery.

rms@meccsd.MECC.MN.ORG (Roger M. Shimada) (07/08/88)

In article <8807051516.aa05766@FHP2.HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA> hwallace%asbt-te.huachuca-em.arpa@HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA ("Vic Wallace, C, PSD, ASB-TEP ") writes:
>Has any one else had ][GS RAM battery failure yet?  Mine is 20
>months old and now puts out less than 80 millivolts.  (I'm
>surprized the clock and ram operated down to such a low voltage.)
>The Owners Manual says that we should expect from 5 to 10 years
>life from the battery.

Battery failure?  Heh.  There are probably three or four dozen
GSes here at MECC, of which at least 3 batteries have died.  I
also own an AT&T 3B1 which has the same battery and it has also
died.

I've jumped a AA battery to a GS here just so I can keep the
Control Panel settings.

It seems to me that the more often that you have the machines
on, the more likely the lithium batteries are going to die.

--
Roger M. Shimada	{amdahl!hplabs}!bungia!meccts!rms	rms@MECC.MN.ORG