[comp.sys.apple] BASIC modem program help

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (07/13/88)

In article <8807071709.aa09272@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> HEINEKEN@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>			I mean, even the simple "Type this in and it
>works" demos from the manual aren't working.  Here's my setup:
>
>							 (I've got the 1985
>printing of the Super Serial Card User's Manual here.  I can't find anything
>less recent.)
>                                                --Steve King
>                                                  HEINEKEN @ MTUS5.bitnet

It's a pitty the "later" SSC manuals aren't as nice.  In anycase, think
about this:

You can't do it in three lines.  When I wa playing with a SSC and a Hayes, I
found I needed about 10 lines *just to get into terminal mode*.  THey
included:  set baud rate, case sesitivity, DCD chack (I think) and a host of
others.  a very good example is that the baud rate is wrong. try an <A>6B or
somesuch.  My point is, sometimes it isn't that simple.  Fer instance, is
your modem uppercase only like a true hayes?  Well, think about it.  Hope
this helps.  I can send you a working BASIC program if you wish.

Sean Kamath
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs ihnp4}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: reed!kamath@PSUVAX1.BITNET